Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Crosby
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 05:59 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
One thing when talking about turnovers, they were probably worse than his TO rate per minutes reflect. Remember, he spent a lot more time on the floor this season with Scoochie due to injuries to DD, KD and CC. That means there were minutes that were played as a SG rather than a PG.

Let's face it, unless one of our freshman PGs turn into a freshman Johnny Davis, we're going to see a lot more minutes out of John Crosby. No longer will the debate be about sample size. If his cumulative stats from last year are doubled or tripled, there probably won't even be a debate, we'll all be on the same page. His flaws will be magnified. So, any talk of how bad he's been is either beating a dead horse or a prediction toward the future. The answer awaits us if it's a prediction. My prediction is that he'll be much improved. He has to be or it will look like a clown show out there.
Hopefully, we see the flashes become more the norm.

It may be strictly perception, but it too seemed to me that Crosby was hurrying as opposed to playing fast. It looked to me like that caused an issue with the transition from his final dribble to the pass or shot. The final result being a turnover or unsteady shot.

Before the transfer, not transfer, I was hoping that not playing in someone's shadow would allow him to better play within himself and lead to a decrease in mistakes. He does flash at times. So likewise, I think he can make solid improvement. If not, we will probably know pretty quickly at which point we will need the new JC to be the new and improved JC.