Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2017, 04:27 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,427 Times in 678 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Is the coach responsible for the university's fleet decisions? If not, I see no reason why the coach could not get a commission for influencing people to buy Hondas. He's not using his influence to unfairly use the university's money.

If he take the recruit out to eat using his own money, no problem. If he spends the university's money to take the recruit out and gets a kickback, big difference.

EDIT: I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just educating myself here. Seems like if he's not using the university's $ to enrich himself, he hasn't violated anything. So if he's funneling the university's money through Nike to a recruit, that's a big problem of misallocated government funds. If he's funneling donor's money through Nike it's an NCAA problem. Isn't it?
When you start "funneling money" then you can easily start treading into money laundering too.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyerfanatic86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (09-27-2017), Viperstick (09-27-2017)