Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 09:03 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
I gave BG an A. I understand each individual season has had it's share of disappointments (as most schools/coaches have), but when i step back and look at the program he was given, how he has built it up, even after some adversity, to where it is today and where it is set up to be for years to come...all while doing it with what appears to be the highest level of integrity and focus on the student athlete part of things...I think he has done a great job. Never in my 25 years of being close to UD has this program been close to the solid footing it is on now. There are things to improve upon for sure, but what some may view as his deficiencies I think you can also view as strengths. Is it coaching inflexibility or knowing the limitations of your team and playing to their strengths? Each season is a series of gams that is won by a coach and his players. in the course of things, you hopefully win much more than you lose and show progress. BG has earned an A from me for what he has done so far, and he simply does not have his degree (to continue the school/grading analogies) yet, so there is more to come and accomplish.

I'm sure many disagree, but just know that, though i am an admittedly optimistic/positive fan by nature, I am not blind. I do admit there is still work to do, and i do understand the points of view of many. but when taking a long view, I sure do like how far we have come and where we are set up to go.