Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
True, but I also bet that you didn't earn those A's with scores 50% or by finishing 8th out of 14 people in your class.
Depends how heavily you weigh that one aspect of what you are grading. I have certainly gotten A's in my life despite poor performance in a specific aspect of that class. I would agree there is room for improvement there for sure, and if the question was "How would you grade BG on his A10 performance?", I wouldn't have given him an A. And you may choose to weigh that portion of his job heavily enough to drag his entire grade down, which is your prerogative. I did not do that for reasons which I tried to articulate above and I do not think it's because of some blind love of UD (red and blue glasses). I feel like I am a pretty objective assessor of the program, but what I determine the success to be (and what I personally get out of it) may be completely different than the criterion you use, but no less valid.