Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 10:23 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,569 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pikaar Modeling Agency View Post
If you have to point to a single event to qualify the guy as a legit A 10 caliber player, then you have answered your own question.

To Fudd, I agree that he is a good recruiter. I just think it is somewhat over stated. Take a look at the 22 guys that he is responsible for that have played at UD to date. There are about 5 or 6 great successes, 5 or 6 bombs, and 10 role players. Tell me where I am wrong in that breakdown, and I will concede that he is not deserving of a B in his recruiting. An objective view of the whole recruiting picture would reveal the shortcomings, not just the success. Similar to comparing overall records buoyed by our dodgy non-con to the failures year on year in the A 10.
You might feel that BG's recruiting is overstated by some person or group of persons and that is your prerogative. I would simply say that I think any team in the A10 (outside of X who is recruiting equally as well and whose fans claim to despise anything to do with UD.) would have happily taken the quality of our recruiting over the last 3-4 years of BG. When I see chat from other A10 fans, it's a point that I see often when discussing the quality of BG as a coach.

It did take BG time to bring the level of the recruiting up and he has openly stated that each recruiting class must be built on the successes of the previous classes. When you consider where we have come from the last 2-3 recruiting classes of OP, the improvement has been significant in my mind.

This is the general sentiment of fans that I see when I read about BG's recruiting, and I don't consider it overstated. It's just my opinion.