Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pikaar Modeling Agency
There are about 5 or 6 great successes, 5 or 6 bombs, and 10 role players. Tell me where I am wrong in that breakdown, and I will concede that he is not deserving of a B in his recruiting.
Originally Posted by Pikaar Modeling Agency
That said, he has one NCAA win, an NIT championship that signifies a lost season of promise, no A 10 glory and a ton of wins against Prairie View and the like. Smells like a low B, high C to me.
I could understand if you argued that his recruits have had holes in their games and haven't been as good as people thought leading to elevated expectations; or if you argued that he had very good recruits but they have underperformed the second half of the season - however, it seems you're arguing it both ways by saying the recruits aren't as good as we think AND they aren't as successful as they should be with the talent they have

If I thought BG only had brought 6 players better than role players to UD, I would give him an A+ for bench coaching for winning as many games as he has, including one in the NCAA tournament and against teams like West Virginia, UNC, Louisville, UC, and Pitt

Last edited by NCkevi; 10-10-2010 at 03:43 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fairborn Fan (10-10-2010), longtimefan (10-10-2010), UD Sam (10-10-2010)