Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:09 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,413 Times in 2,485 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Here is the breakout for both teams of the players' rankings coming out of high school. As I've said before, you gotta get recruits and we have 4 really talented players coming in next year. All 4 are Top 110 with the 2 highest being #57 and #33. We get more out of players than any school in the nation, but as you will see, Oregon just had way more talent on the floor tonight. But I know the women in our program will continue to work and max out their talents. I can't wait for Spring ball already. (FYI: prepvolleyball ranks the Top 100 high school seniors every year. Then they list the next 101-250 alphabetically to make up their Top 250 recruits.)

Oregon:

#22 Liz Brenner
#35 Lauren Plum
#65 Alaina Bergsma
#95 Canace Finley
#97 Katherine Fischer
#99 Ariana Williams
101-250 Kellie Kawasaki
Not Ranked Haley Jacob

Dayton

#77 Sam
101-250 Kray
101-250 Hammer
101-250 Z
101-250 Alaina
Not Ranked Shayne
Not Ranked Paige
Not Ranked Ally
Not Ranked Janna

Bottomline is we only had one Top 100 recruit on the floor and Oregon only had two players that were not Top 100 recruits and none of our backrow defenders were even ranked coming out of high school.

I think our backrow played pretty darn good tonight. Oregon's offense is how they win. Our serving wasn't tough enough to keep Oregon from running all their hitters at us. They run at you fast in all aspects of the game and our block didn't have a chance -- and the backrow was left to try to dig up the pieces.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 12-02-2012 at 10:31 AM..