Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
Jill isn't nearly as mobile as Alaina. So, assuming that Jill was healthy I would guess it was because Jill would have had trouble getting in position to block against that fast offense.
According to the box score - Turner had only a single block assist. Of course, we had precious few blocks as a team.

It looked to me like the Duck hitters were just beating our block big time - often hitting over us. The diggers in the back were getting hung out to dry as the high velocity rockets were coming at them.

I did think that as the match went on we started to adapt to the high level of play - making the third set pretty competitive. Still, if we play them 10 times, we probably don't win any. The better, bigger, stronger team won. The solution is to get better - and we will.

I believe we got as much out of this team as possible. The only match with any regret was against tosu. Great season ladies.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (12-02-2012), UDBrian (12-03-2012)