Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 01:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
According to the box score - Turner had only a single block assist. Of course, we had precious few blocks as a team.

It looked to me like the Duck hitters were just beating our block big time - often hitting over us. The diggers in the back were getting hung out to dry as the high velocity rockets were coming at them.

I did think that as the match went on we started to adapt to the high level of play - making the third set pretty competitive. Still, if we play them 10 times, we probably don't win any. The better, bigger, stronger team won. The solution is to get better - and we will.

I believe we got as much out of this team as possible. The only match with any regret was against tosu. Great season ladies.
You probably know that is one reason people like to watch matches from the end of the court rather than the side. When you watch it from the end you can see everything, the spacing, the closing (or not closing of the block) and whether the ball was spiked through a seam or over the top. It is also much more like actually playing. If they are hitting over the block it probably doesn't hurt to make a change.