Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Wish List
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 06:18 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
A lot depends on what’s available. Gregory tried to fill schollies in the fall because he felt there wasn’t much available in the spring, and what was available was damaged goods.
At one that might have been true but I way disagree with this statement now. The way the coaching carousel is these days with decomits, late bloomers like Toppin and transfers

See, Jalen Crutcher

In the era of positionless basketball and with a coach who's willing to play 4 guards...

Two sit out transfers regardless of position. I'd love a post but if there are two guards who could be all conference caliber guys who want to come here I'd take them

We need some kind of a post. Foul trouble, sprained ankle and Josh goes down and it's Mikesell/Obi playing interior defense next year. Our offense would have been a disaster this year playing without Josh for long stretches. Ideally, I'd love to find a JUCO big but that might not possible. I'd be happy with a freshman and bench guy grad transfer to fill the gap

The dream would be to get that Center Wyatt Walker grad transfer with two years from Samford.

I'd take a grad transfer PG or Combo G who could be a ball handler behind Crutcher. A JUCO could work but I feel like it's awfully risky entrusting this role to a guy who's never played D1 ball. Plus the scholarship is done with next year and you can give it a kid signing in the fall

I think there's a flexibility between grad transfers/JUCO on plugging some of the intimidate wholes like backup PG & Post

Between Cohill/Davis/Crutcher we've got a good underclassmen core at guard. I'm not sure the guy is out there but a PF/C type freshman who could develop this year before getting thrown into the fire next year would be nice
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (03-24-2018)