Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
I think Kostas can improve our defense immensely, in the 1-3-1 zone we ran most of the night... if he would just keeps his hands up.

I noticed he plays defense with his hands down at his waist, and has to wind up each time he goes for a block.

If he were to keep his hands up at least at his shoulders, I'm guessing he would easily break Big Steve's block record.

I'm thinking Grant should do what Martin Lawrence did in the movie "Rebound" - and put icy hot under Kostas arm pits before a game.
One of my brothers had a high school coach who was a character. Funny guy. He would threaten to pull down the shorts of any guy who didn't keep his hands up on defense. Would go on and on about the only reason you needed your hands down at your sides was to pull your shorts down. And a couple times he apparently made good on the threat. Of course today that would be politically in-correct on so many levels. Too bad because that team went undefeated and played awesome defense.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-07-2017)