Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Jim Paxson
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 09:05 AM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
If I got to pick first for a mythical fantasy UD team, it'd be hard for me to not pick Jim Paxson first. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves because he didn't do enough flashy stuff to really stick in our memories. Right now, we're talking about his movement away from the ball as something he was great at.

Before I go any further, NO ... I am not belittling moving without the ball.

I'm just saying it isn't something that sticks in our memory banks like the moves Chapman made, the dunks Wright had, the blow-by-scoops of Scoochie, etc.

Also, a good point about the lack of NCAA play. It's the reason why his brother is considered the better player by younger folks who never saw Jim play ... because John got exposure hitting big shots in the NBA Finals.

Although nowhere in the same class of player, I always felt bad that Andy Meyer played for such bad teams and probably didn't get as much love as he deserved either.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lowd&ProUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (07-24-2018), CE80 (07-20-2018)