User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2018, 12:04 PM
Major

TheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to beholdTheDuke2003 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I recommend a 16 month vacation. We're not going to be a great team this year. Improved, with young guys taking bigger roles and a couple key pieces returning to the court, but not great. My highly preliminary prediction with the current roster is a winning record in the A10, but not contending to win it until next year.
Improved seems to be the right word. I could see us contending for an NIT bid next year, but a whole lot would have to go right for us to be a 20+ win NCAA team. I'd set my sights on somewhere in the 17-18 win range, and consistent improvement throughout the year. With the dissidents out of the program now, I think a little more harmony goes a long way too. Curious to see how minutes will be dished out. Off the cuff guess:

PG: Crutcher (32 min), Cohill (8 min)
SG: Davis (26 minutes), Cohill (10 min), Matos (4 min)
GF: Mikesell (20 min), Matos (12 min), Landers (8 min)
F: Landers (24 min), Toppin (8 min), Policelli (8 min)
F: Cunningham (30 minutes), Toppin (10 minutes)

Totals:
Crutcher - 32 min
Landers - 32 min
Cunningham - 30 min
Davis - 26 min
Mikesell - 20 min
Cohill - 18 min
Toppin 18 min
Matos - 16 min
Policelli - 8 min

If Frankie is going to get extended minutes next year, then he likely has to beat out Matos, Toppin or Mikesell for more PT. That top 6 is going to be tough to break. And of course, if we land a Juco or Grad Trans PG, that will have a ripple effect. That said, I feel pretty good about this 9 as long as one of Toppin or Frankie step up and provide some quality minutes at the 4.