Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 10:03 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
Exactly.

I've never thought for a minute that Grant is satisfied with this team as is. Would he love to have a quality big? Of course!

But he doesn't want to waste a spot on a big who's not good enough to contribute. And I don't want him to either.

I keep hearing "we just need a big to defend and rebound". Bigs who can just do those things aren't as plentiful as some would think.

An insurance big would definitely come in handy. But how much insurance did Pierce provide last year?

I have a sneaky suspicion that the people in the "we have no bigs and the sky is falling" camp are the ones who whined about Grant's hiring from Day 1. Just a suspicion.
There's a saying in recruiting that it's never the guys you don't get that hurt you but the ones you DO get that just don't pan out or never amount. Can't offer out of haste. You're going to be stuck with those guys 4-5 years unless they transfer or simply don't hold up their end of the bargain...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfan4life (06-26-2018), Lowd&ProUD (06-27-2018)