Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 10:40 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CoffeeCan View Post
The reasons that I have read that prevent us from getting in:
1. Not a big enough market
2. Xavier admin hates us
3. DePaul hates us
4. GTown hates us
5. Travel
6. There is some super secret Jesuit handshake that we don't know

All of the above is bull, and we are misinformed. These are Catholic institutions and have to be reasonable. I realize that college sports are a business, we just have to come to an agreement that works for the current members. With all the connections, brain power, and cash that UD has we sure can make it happen.
Have you ever been involved with the church? Politics and religion mix quite well in the church hierarchy. Catholic institutions do not have to be reasonable if they choose not to.

Go study some Jesuit and Marianist history and compare the style and philosophy. Jesuit's tended (and dare I say still are) hard liners.
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (04-12-2017)