Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 07:11 PM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 224 View Post
To be a realist for a second, why does everyone think MW will be the second coming of Christ? I hope he's a superstar, bu history points to the fact in Archie Millers system, true freshman rarely 'hit the ground running' and make an immediate impact. The one major exception would be Dyshawn Pierre who was starting his freshman year. MW is a 2.5* recruit who is undersized. I'm not bashing him by any means, but to think he's gonna be a stud day 1 is a stretch IMO. The reality is we know little about him however read he's hanging 30pts in high school ball so we think that will translate to immediate success at the college level? Please just keep expectations in check.

The PG situation next year is very much a real concern. Our options are an unproven, undersized 2.5* recruit who will be very raw, or Crosby, who has shown glimpses of being a good player but often times is wildy inconsistent.

This team next year will only go as far as our PG play will take us. We are very, very solid in the 3-5 spots with Cunningham, X, Mikesell, Kostas and Svoboda (remember, Svoboda will be 21 when the season starts so he's hardly a freshman) plus Miller and the freshman Pierce. SG DD will get the majority of the minutes, but PG is a major concern.

While I think we will be good next year and compete for a top-4 spot in the A10, the only thing I'll say is the outlook on next season totally changes IMO if a guy like Jaaron Simmons comes to UD and gives us 30+m at the PG spot. This is a kid who has averaged 7+ APG the past 2 seasons playing 37mpg. The consistency he brings with ability to distribute the ball is what we need. Allow JC to bang down low, while X and Kostas spread the floor with DD sitting in the wing...Simmons will have a field day distributing the ball.

Who knows if we can actually get him as that means someone will have to transfer, but at the end of the day we will only go as far as our PG takes us. You saw it last night with Scoochie.

My starting lineup prediction with first guy off the bench...

PG- Simmons/Crosby (MW off bench)
SG- DD (TL off bench)
F: X (RM off bench)
F: Kostas (Svoboda off bench)
F: JC (Miller off bench)

I think the freshman Pierce, Price and Carter will get the average amt of minutes we have seen freshman get in AM system, 3-8mpg, unless someone transfers.
You have Simmons, where you getting the extra ship, we have no openings
Mad Props to Atlantic 10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (03-18-2017)