Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 09:16 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Browns View Post
I think everyone is assuming Pierce won't be ready because of his high school statistics (I'm not disagreeing, I don't expect much either) but he's not going to be looked at for offense as a freshman so if he gets playing time it's going to be for his defense. He seems to move well for his size so who knows.
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
I don't think that Pierce has the body weight issues that Steve had, so he is closer physically, IMO. Steve came in without knowing how to use his size in division one basketball. I would guess that will be the bigger issue with Pierce. To your point, it took Steve some time to figure out where he should be on how to use his body in college. The year of sitting out helped him in both ways.
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
The difference I think though between Big Steve and Pierce is that Steve had a year to get in condition and develop. I have trouble believing Pierce is going to be ready next year to contribute anything substantial. I hope I am wrong.
One of my very good friends is a DIII coach in NJ. He was at a game recruiting a teammate of Pierce, but I talked to him about Jordan.

The Good:
-Super Athletic for his size.
-Very quick second jump
-Good Rim protector even as a freshman will be able to protect the rim
-Good footwork and motor on defense.
-Soft hands

The Bad:
-Lacks the ability to do much more than dunks and put backs right now. (Said you can tell he never played until high school but is very talented)
-Needs to get a little stronger with the basketball
-Needs to be a more consistent rebounder
-Very Raw

That is just his take. He thought Jordan has a chance to be a really good player. He is definitely a project on the offensive side of the ball, but can more than hold his own on defense. He thought he was a great fit for Archie's system, especially if he is given a few years to develop.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Fudd (03-20-2017), Gazoo (03-21-2017), jack72 (03-19-2017), ruechalgrin (03-20-2017), Wallage (03-19-2017)