Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,011 Posts
xubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond reputexubrew has a reputation beyond repute
The A10's media deal is pitiful. Essentially, they get about half the money per school as what teams in the Missouri Valley currently make. I know the schools in the MVC were getting just under $700k a year prior to the new deal they signed in 2015. I'm assuming they make at least as much per school as they were making before, if not more, and they're also getting more exposure.

The fourteen A10 schools share $500k per year, and the exposure of the league is rather ridiculous given how good a lot of teams in the league typically are, and given the markets that the league is in. One of my biggest frustrations with the A10 back when Xavier was in the conference was its TV deal. Or, lack thereof.

By going to the AAC, Wichita State will likely be making at least three times the money that the entire Atlantic Ten conference makes put together off of the TV deal. And, they'll get more exposure. For that reason alone UD should STRONGLY consider a move to the AAC if it presents itself, which it might.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to xubrew For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (03-24-2017), jack72 (03-24-2017)