Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 10:07 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,163 Times in 5,120 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I've read on this board that we don't match up well against a Davidson type of team that has a guard(s) that can shoot from the outside and create their own shots. This I don't understand because we have two first team defenders that play perimeter players.

I've also read on this board that we don't match up well with teams that are big and physical because they beat us up inside and on the glass. This I understand a little more because of our lack of size.

But my question is what type of a team do we match up well against? Only ones with much less talent than us? Just wondering.
I find Davidson and Richmond difficult defensive matchups for an otherwise good defensive team like Dayton because we play an agrressive defense that pressures tight and gets hands in passing lanes. Problem is Davidson uses our aggressive against us. Its like exploiting a football team with a torrid defensive front that mauls you at the line of scrimmage by throwing traditional and flanker screens to use their push at the line of scrimmage against them. Suddenly youve neutralized more talented players by using their talent to self destruct.

Dayton ball-watches. They want to cause a turnover, and lose their assignments by not staying disciplined and going for the cheese on the mouse trap. To beat teams like Davidson, tou have to do what is unnatural which is not worry about the basketball despite perhaps being only two feet from it, and worrying about your defensive mark 4ft away thats about to back door you when you turn your head.

Also, when Jack Gibbs is Jack Gibbsing, you dbl him and Aldridge abuses you one on one on a ball reversal iso with a man advantage.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-10-2017)