Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 07:46 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Important to us....

All very good points. BB is at the heart and soul of UD...no other A10 school like it. Nonetheless, there are other A10 schools for which BB is very important, their flagship sport.

Isn't it possible for Neil to "consult" in confidence with a few A10 ADs that share views generally similar to ours, i.e., they too want to get to the NCAAs regularly? Isn't possible for UD, on its own, to hire an outside consultant...a BB expert with connections....to assess the A10 and develop a plan for improvement? Where I'm headed here is that if we had solid data and related information re what it will take to elevate the A10 to Big East levell, for example, perhaps a strong enough case could be made such that UD could win over enough A10 schools to do what's required.

Clearly, a few A10 schools will not even consider playing ball. But a conference doesn't need 14 schools.

We can't improve the A10 on our own. But I've got to believe that there are schools that are not happy with the current status of the conference. If there are enough such schools perhaps Neil would be able to get some help.

I'm sure I'm not stating this well. But I don't see significant conference improvement as an intractable problem if we are able to get support. And perhaps UD is a bit too close to the situation. I would like to see an independent outside appraisal of the A10 to help identify a doable framework for improvement. This isn't easy....but it isn't rocket science either.