User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 10:28 PM
Captain

Rick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by udscott View Post
Am I wrong ?
Posted via Mobile Device
In a word: yes.

In two words: very yes.

In more words: go check any realistic preseason predictions. The highest I remember seeing was 6th in the conference, with a low around 9th; in short, nobody had us in the top tier. Most national outlets had us out of the NIT discussion and somewhere around 150th in all of D-I. Going into the last game of the season, the worst we can finish is 3rd, and we can still snag 2nd; in terms of national ranking, we're likely to be somewhere around 60-70th in the NET and most other ratings systems, and a top-4 seed in the NIT if we don't steal the auto-bid at Barclay's. Even in a year where the A-10 is down, the prognosticators put us where they did KNOWING the A-10 was gonna be down, and we blew those expectations away. If you can't view that as a fantastic effort that lays the foundation for even better things in the future, you are just being contrary for the sake of contrarianism.

I say all that being just as disappointed as anyone at the moments of bed-wetting we did against mediocre teams and at home -- change a few of those outcomes and this might have been a legit Bubble Year -- but it doesn't alter the fact that the body of work as a whole far exceeded rational expectations.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Rick Scaia For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-08-2019), GoFlyer (03-08-2019), JimBo (03-08-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-08-2019), longtimefan67 (03-08-2019), Phinhead54 (03-08-2019), Radar (03-08-2019), tirebiter (03-08-2019)