Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Bracketology
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 09:48 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
The fact that either team is even being discussed speaks to the fallacy that is the NET and/or whatever being used to evaluate the field of 68. This tournament has not been about fielding the best at-large teams in many years, and this year will expose this more than any other.
I don’t think it’s the NET that is keeping either one of these teams in the discussion. Neither has an impressive NET - Indiana at 51 and tOSU at 55. You could make that argument for Florida, Texas and perhaps Clemson, who are 33, 39 and 35 in the NET.

I think Indiana and tOSU might very well be a PLAY OUT game, particularly for tOSU, who has really been struggling and looked HORRIBLE for 37 minutes yesterday.

If Indiana loses, I’m not sure how much that really changes their resume. They have great wins, and plenty of them. Another loss is, just that, another loss. And they have plenty of them as well. But at what point is enough, enough?