Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2019, 02:49 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I kind of think it was "time for Phil to go" but I'm surprised they actually did it. Despite being in Philly, I can't imagine that is the easiest place to win at. You are in direct competition with all the pro sports teams as well as Nova and Temple for eyeballs (not to mention the few people that drift LaSalle, Penn or Drexel's way), smaller gym, etc...

If I was an AD, I'd reach out to the Scot Nagy at Wright St (I'm still in shock that they pulled him away from SD state) and John Brenan (NKU). Neither has ties to the east coast, Brennan grew up in Northern Kentucky, was on Grant's staff at Bama, and took over as coach for the postseason when Grant was fired. Nagy is like 52, spent most of his carrer at SD state, as an uber successful D2 school then transitioning them to D1 and having a nice run in D1 before heading to WSU. Both make roughly 500k, can SJU afford to offer either (or anyone) 1 mil? It would surprise me to see either of those coaches get a good offer this offseason to a P5 program.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (03-19-2019)