Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,914 Times in 1,084 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Found this list that Loyola uses:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...VisitRules.pdf
Thanks Swampy! Much appreciated.

Appears the reference as in "B 13.6.2.2.2" are from the NCAA bylaws for official visits. I am sure there are some other sections that tie in to visits since the BOOK is supposed to be rather thick.

After a brief reading seems that coverage on expenses for the parents is extremely limited. An example:

Friends or relatives may not receive cost-free transportation unless they
accompany the prospect at the time the prospect travels in an automobile
to make an official visit. [ B 13.6.2.2.1]

So NO airfare reimbursement for mom and dad.

A prospect on an official visit shall live and take meals as regular students normally do. Local commercial facilities may be used but at a scale comparable to that of normal student life and only within a 30-mile radius of the institutions
campus. [ B 13.7.4]

Written in the form a prospect no mention of providing for a meal to mom and dad.

For prospects that have interested parents that feel strongly about the future of their son/daughter but have limited money for taking a long trip and staying overnight for 2 days(?) with all normal expenditures what are they supposed to do? Not go??

I know there have been way out of bounds recruiting stories but there should be some middle ground to cover some of the parents costs ....

Yes I know my parents did not get reimbursed for their trip out to UD. And Heh!, neither did I! But I was not asked to perform and represent UD in team sports.

Thankfully I was not asked to represent UD in any national limelight ... all I might have been asked (implicitly) to do was carry myself forward in my life activities and career that would not put the degree I earned from UD in serious question as to the fitness of the school both in training skills and providing some sense to life's considerations.

Go UD!