User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 05:37 PM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
An article was published today on CBS Sports that talks about our seasons success YTD.

More importantly, AM elaborates on DP and his status. This is the most information we have heard come out of his mouth:

Miller went into detail about what's to come with Pierre's reintegration process. The suspension from school is lifted Dec. 20, and on that day Miller will likely sit down with Pierre and his family to put together a program for getting him back onto the team. Miller spoke of Pierre's "academic obligation" first and foremost, and also knows Pierre could physically not be up to Dayton's standards for playing.

There's no assurance Pierre's going to be in game shape, and Miller will not risk messing up team dynamic and chemistry at the sake of throwing Pierre back into the lineup right after Christmas.

"Then there's the mental component of being away," Miller said. "If there's one guy who can do it, it's him. We're going to do what's best for him. He has as chance to be a hell of a player, and for him it's not just this year. It's for down the road. We're not going to just throw him out there."

Pierre's teammates are ready for his return. With him in the mix, they no doubt feel like a Final Four-quality team.

"I believe we'll be an even stronger team," Pollard said. "The only way we can go is up by adding a player like Dyshawn. He can rebound like no other."

Pierre averaged 12.7 points, 8.1 rebounds and three assists last season.

"We'll keep the basketball team out of it, keep our season out if it, and look at him as his own entity right now," Miller said of Pierre. "He'll be champing at the bit to play. But it might not happen right aay. If it's going to take him until February 1 or 5 or 7 to get him into a rhythm, then I have one of the best players in the country that I just wasted [a month] of basketball on. I do think there's a chance he'll come back to play in January -- maybe late December -- depending on how he feels. I won't know anything until I meet him face to face."

This was a little surprising to read. I think most of us anticipate he will be playing December 22. Maybe not....

Entire article: http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...s-best-one-yet
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (12-10-2015), Smitty10 (12-10-2015)