Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:53 AM
Brigadier General

The Chef will become famous soon enoughThe Chef will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ClearTheRunwayForWLJ View Post
How can the third or fourth (can't remember) leading scorer in the entire history of the school ... a guy who also dished out 350 plus assists and grabbed 350 plus rebounds ... and was one of the best three point shooters in the history of the school ... with no freaking supporting class and having to switch positions ... be even in question?
Maybe because there was another player in the decade who played on consecutive NCAA tournament teams (the first time in nearly 2 decades), was only the sixth UD player ever to get 1,500 points and 1,000 rebounds, putting him in the company of all-time Dayton greats like Finkle, May, Uhl, Horan, and Perryman, and that actually won 20 games in each season he played in.

If you're simply looking flash and offensive prowess, I'll acknowldge that Brian Roberts is your guy. if you're looking for the guy who hated to lose and was the best and most consistent player on both ends of the court, I submit that it has to be Keith Waleskowski. That's not intended to diminish Brian Roberts' career. But, I just think KW had the better and more outstanding overall career and therefore is more deserving.

Regarding Chris Wright, he deserves to be in the discussion. For me, the fact that his career isn't complete is a hindrance from voting him as the player of the decade. But, there is a strong argument in favor of him.

Last edited by The Chef; 12-28-2009 at 10:27 AM..
Mad Props to The Chef For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (12-28-2009)