Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
i'll probably get killed for this, but to me, this gets into the Big East discussion, which i know is just a thoeretical one. However, because of history and the institutional similarities to many in that conference there are many teams there which would be good,natural rivals (many already have been in the past). That has always been my struggle in the current A10 line up. There are good schools for sure, but none that the fanbases and schools in general get that fired up about on a year-to-year basis. Sure we currently get fired up for VCU or URI, but that has more to do wth their standing in the conference and the benefit to our schedule than in any interest in playing those particular institutions. and unless something changes, we will continue the current model of trying to schedule the best opponents and get in the stronges A10 pod and we will continue to lack a heated rivalry. just my $0.02.

eit: and the move to 18-game conference schdules has all but eliminated the chance for a non-conference rival.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to AC91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (12-05-2016), SeasonTicketFan (12-05-2016), UDTradition (05-16-2017)