Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
Again being more than ready to TAKE the IU job and sustaining that job is two different animals. Yes he earned his wings so to speak but can he continue to fly. That is where my question is. BG was ready, Shaka Smart was ready, neither of them have hit their mark. SS is still on the job so maybe he can still turn it around.

And where did I say that a candidate needed several stepping stones, geesh some people put words where they weren't any.

I'm not against AM or his success. I want to see both BG and AM succeed, it makes our program look that much better. There were a lot of expectations from MU fans that BG was the guy to take TI place at MU, they aren't feeling that way now.

Many posters here weren't too excited about the hire of AG. My gut feeling is AG will surpass BG and AMs success. Ok now I'll take off my red and blue glasses.

Its why the play/coach the games. It don't matter what you've done it the past, its what you do NOW. Let the games and coaching begin.

I'll follow AM like I have/do BG and SS.
You're all over the place here. Not ready, more than ready, no guaranteed success, etc. Which is it cause I feel like the Aflac duck here in the Yogi Berra commercials.Look, nobody is guaranteed success not named Urban Meyer, Nick saban, Bill Self, Coach K, and maybe a couple others but you don't get more prepared than "being more than ready" (in your words). You are simply NOT, imho, giving AM the credit and success here at UD under unfortunate extreme scenarios almost every year. The guy takes no prisoners. the guy is a bulldog and once he can get better players and bigger players then watch out....

Where and how exactly was BG ready to take a job bigger than UD? The guy couldn't do better than .500 in the A10. Couldn't wait to run him out of town from a coaching standpoint as the program could NOT get over the hump and players were not developing properly.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (05-18-2017)