Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: 2017-18 season
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 05:50 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Only one recruit of Archie's who spent 3 years here hasn't been starter at least for one of their seasons. And that's Gavrilovic. I don't believe AM has had a scholarship senior that didn't start either(Vee was starter his Junior year and was certainly good enough to start his senior season). So it tells me that AM plans way ahead. When he's going to need a starter, he has one ready. And correct me if I'm wrong, no lower classman has ever passed someone with seniority on the depth chart. Not saying it can't happen, just that AM has done a phenomenal job keeping these players developing that they stay ahead of their younger teammates.

This tells me AM is probably going to depend heavily on 9 or 10 players next season, the 7 returning players, his redshirt freshman and his only other PG, Wright. Maybe Svaboda also.

So, starting lineup might be DD, both JCs, XW and either RM or Kostas. Heck, Sam Miller might be ready to take over inside(obviously it's going to take a Chris Daniels level of improvement).

However it works out, I'm not worried. I think AM has had a plan all along. But it's obvious when you have 4 senior starters, the minutes for the sophomores is going to be minimal. And let's face it, they will all look better because they've been working with each other for 2 seasons. The situation though was while they probably know each other on the practice court very well, when it came to real game time, they were never all on the court together.

What's really going to be interesting is how AM's strategy changes. I cannot see this team being the transition team it has been. Other than Crosby, the speed isn't there I don't think.