User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Academy Doolie

UdGrad2009 is a jewel in the roughUdGrad2009 is a jewel in the roughUdGrad2009 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
Hiring decisions matter, and Kelsey is a good hire.

But for the success of the A10, I think they need to find a way to find a group of schools equally committed to funding the resources necessary to build and sustain a program. That could include schools currently down (like UD post JOB) but willing to spend. And it may rule out current competitive schools.

In the willing to do what it takes I group UD, SLU, VCU, and probably SJU and URI as absolutes.

In the unwilling/uanble to do what it takes I group Fordham, Duquesne, LaSalle, St Bonnie.

In the unsure group there's Richmond, UMass, Mason, GW, Davidson.

Finding a way to set conference criteria/expectations with respect to athletic budgets, comprehensive athletic programs and other factors that convince the unwilling/unable to believe they are better fits elsewhere and the unsures to step up is the key to the growth of the league. And it's in the best interest of the willings to do so, as they are unlikely to find themselves in a "better" conference. Some combination of the willings, some of the unsures plus Wichita and Bradley would be a step forward. Probably about as good as the A10 could be. Travel obviously an issue.
In the Kelsey article I Read it said UMASS is completing a $30 mil practice facility for basketball. I would say they are in the top tier if true.
Posted via Mobile Device