Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 08:01 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
This BS story has taken out a life of its own!

For the 1 millionth time...

As a sophomore Michael Jordan was either going to be the last varsity player or put on JV to play and develop. The coach decided it was in his best interest to play JV...so he was 'cut' from varsity so he could go down and play a ton as opposed to little/none. Michael never forgave his coach for 'cutting' him and the press has run wild with this story since.
Either way, true or not (I don't have the time to research or dispute the story, nor do I really care...), I can tell you this from personal experience---If you don't believe in your managers style, don't click with him or her, you are not going to give your best effort - and vice versa. Period. Seems all to often this season, JC looked like he was pushing to impress. And whenever he made a mistake, he was yanked. You would have thought that knowing AM was losing SS after this season, he would have spent more time developing JC....unless he suspected it didn't matter...