Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2017, 05:16 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
More guessing....

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
I've come up with two therories. First is they aren't staying, but their contracts are due to expire shortly and UD wants them to stay thru the end of their contracts. This might be the case if the assistants got raises/new contracts in the spring after say the Elite Eight run. That time frame would make sense. And if UD let's them go before that, there might be a penalty they have to pay, so they are waiting it out.

Second is they are either staying or haven't made a decision.

Both are total guesses, but it also might play into why AM said he planned to announce his staff all together and therefore there is nothing coming out of IU either.

Whatever is happening, it's not the norm, so we wait to hear something.
Suppose one of the assistants really wants a HC job...but is not quite ready or doesn't yet have the exposure. And suppose that guy is one that AG really would love to keep...badly. Offer him the position of Assoc Head coach with an appropriate pay boost. Would such a happening better position a guy for a HC job if he stayed at UD rather that going to IU as an assistant? I don't know.

But I would love to see an element of continuity. This starting all over from scratch routine is not good for a program, in my opinion.