User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
I must concede

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
oldfan and others like him: can we now stop with the "XW wasn't that good last year as a sophomore, I'm not sure why we expected him to be any good this year as a junior" BS? Because it's BS. Not only was he 4th on the team as a sophomore, (if I'm reading those numbers correctly) he was the most consistent!

To be that productive as a sophomore is pretty darn good. And frequently it's the transition to the junior season where players show real progress. So yes, we were expecting to see a lot from him this year, and no, it was not unrealistic to expect that.

I think there are reasons--PG play, injury, coaching conflicts--but XW just not being that good is not one of them.
I must have been wrong. I can only give my opinion which is that X always seemed to play soft last year but then that was my observation. However the poster subsequent to my post informed me that X was not to be expected to play a hard inside game that he really is built to only play soft. He indicated he should be considered a 3 forward not a 4 forward.

My impression of a 3 forward was Ken May or Mike Sylvester neither of whom played soft. Or to use a more current 3 forward I would use Pierre as the proper player to play that position. Perhaps X is really a two guard much like Kostas is really a point guard just taller.

But my main point in my post was that his supporters are all for making excuses for X that they are not making for the rest of the bench. And the above post proceeds to list many of these excuses without any substantiation for any of them. Perhaps one of these excuses is valid or perhaps he really is not as good as many on this board give him credit for being.