Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,122 Times in 4,168 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
Following this thread, it appears that most have the opinion that it wasn't Chris Mack, certainly not just Mack, blocking the UD/XU game and that it went well beyond and above him.

Give me a few days and I'll get a confirmed answer, even if I have to get it from Mack directly.

I could be wrong on this one, but most of what I've heard (all from coaches pretty close to Mack) is that it wasn't Mack driving that bus. I'm sure he had no problem agreeing with it. Why would he want to put his wife thru that?
I heard it from Mack directly at a function, Greg Christopher was also at the function, at the Cintas Center, as part of a large group function: there were hundreds of people at this function who heard Mack say this on a stage at a podium with a microphone, as part of some prepared remarks that Mack was giving.

He basically said that now that X has managed to separate itself from UD, as a result of X now being in the BE, that X no longer has any interest in ever playing UD again. Mack or GC also said that X wants to be the premier Catholic institution of higher learning in southwest Ohio, so as part of that goal, X is never going to play UD again.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (04-07-2018), SLUFLYER (04-06-2018)