Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,597 Times in 750 Posts
CoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeeCan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
Coffeecan, would one and done in the NCAA Tournament give you a better feeling if UD was a member of another conference, versus one and done as an member of the A10?

I ask because I cannot remember the last time an NCAA TOURNAMENT GAME was decided by either schools conference afiliation. If they were decided by conference afiliation, there would be no madness in March. As Duke beating Kansas wouldn't really be that maddening.

I am sorry folks, but many in this fan base are suffering from Holy Big East Psychosis. Try not to despie your own conference. The A10 has aided UD in getting four NCAA tournament bids in a row. That's good news, and there is zero bad news associated with that. At some point, and we have long since past that point, it gets super degrading to keep mocking the A10...as that's exactly what it amounts to.
I am not wanting out of the A10. We are in a good spot, the A10 is the seventh or eighth best conference. It really is a good conference. But that does not mean that we should not set our sites higher.

We would have gotten into the tourney the last four years if we were in the BE as well.

However, there is no way you can convince me that we would have been seeded so horribly last year if we were in the BE. The Power Conferences are seldom treated like that.

For me, it is all about the NCAA tournament. The BE would give us more exposure, better recruits, better scheduling, more respect.

Imagine you had a good job that you excelled at and enjoyed. And at the same time there was a company in your line of work that would be able to offer you an even better job. More money, better commute, better chance for advancement. Some of you would stay at your job, and that is fine. I am not saying that I would quit my job, in hopes of landing that new job. And I am not saying that I hate my current job. But I would not be delusional in the fact that the other company was better all around. I would look to make contacts and wait for an opening, while still excelling at my current company.