Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,877 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I think this guy has no shot at all of making it in the NBA. And since I'm about 0-fer-lifetime at predicting NBA success, it bodes well for him.
As I stated in a post earlier this week I took the kiddies to the Tuesday night Cavs v Magic game. Watching the Cavs warm up was a true eye-opener with respect to what it takes to make an NBA roster...Cooke, are you paying attention?!

Iman Shumpert - 6'5" shooting guard drafted 17th overall in 2011 - made his first 13 3-pointers and was 17/18 in warm ups. And I don't mean standing still and shooting...he was rolling out and catching passes from an assistant, would turn and shoot and 'swish'. He's a career 34.2% 3-pt shooter (36.9% this season) and makes >$9.6M this season.

Kyrie Irving - 6'3" point guard drafted 1st overall in 2011 - made his first 14 and was 18/19 in warm ups. Again, he was shooting fade aways, leaners, etc...after receiving passes from his coaches. Then he started taking shots facing the basket with his feet criss-crossed (left over right, then right over left, then facing left with feet criss-crossed then facing right with feet criss-crossed) and missed 2 of the approximately 10 he took in this fashion. Kyrie make >$17M this season.

JR Smith followed and was just as entertaining...

As was Korver, Jefferson, Frye...these guys rarely miss...you get the point.

My point? There isn't a player on UD's roster remotely close to being as talented as Shumpert - who is 8th man on Cleveland. Any talk of any Flyer being an NBA prospect needs to be shelved until I see them nail 8/10 3's on a bad day during warm ups.

My 2nd Point? Kennard can shoot with the best...he's NBA ready.

NBA players aren't just physical freaks...they are talented, physical freaks. TV doesn't do them justice. See them live and you'll royally appreciate what it takes to make a roster. So appreciate our Flyers for who they are...Flyers...and, hopefully, students. Because none of them are NBA ready.

Or close to it.

Last edited by rollo; 04-07-2017 at 10:44 AM..
Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (04-10-2017)