Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Dayton to AAC?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 08:02 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think it is interesting that I hear arguments about other A10 schools and how much of a drag they are because of their facilities. It seems like how well a team schedules and performs on the court (consistently) matters more than facilities. I could care less if LaSalle has a tiny gym if they are competitive and bring a solid team to conference play. I can't remember the last time LaSalle had a streak of being one of the bottom 3 teams year after year.

One of the problems is, is that the A10 has too many teams that don't keep up the consistency and drop off for a few years before fielding another good run, and a lot of times only get to the NIT when they finally get it together. Therefore, taking the relegation idea someone mentioned, it would be interesting to split the conference into two groups and relegate/promote teams between the groups based on performance. Each group would play home and away games with 6 (or 7) games against the other group and the upper tier would automatically get the top seven seeds in the A10 tournament. This would somewhat protect the upper tier teams when it comes to seeding in the NCAA and boost the top groups overall strength of schedule.

Last edited by NorthwestFlyer; 04-10-2017 at 08:06 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NorthwestFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-10-2017), FlyingArrow (04-10-2017)