Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 01:10 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Hate to say it, but you and other's were going to have those same feelings this year, or any other year that he decided to part ways. Obviously money isn't the issue. The realistic ability to compete for national titles. Can UD get there? Yes. Realistically, year after year and decade after decade? No.

Nothing wrong with being ticked, but business is business. I don't know anyone who wants to retain a job that doesn't come out in full support of his current job or boss. Nothing different from Archie versus some dude wanting to climb the ladder in sales...only to leave for another job with a higher ceiling. It is what it is.
Quite honestly, my being upset with Archie has less to do with him leaving and more to do with how he left. I don't mean how he said he'd be at Dayton as long as they would have him, I mean by mentally checking out before the GW game. In my opinion, and that of other college BB fans, including IU fans, he left UD shortly after the VCU game. Had he mentally coached UD the remainder of the season, it may have led to a higher seed or better 1st round matchup, and who knows where that would have led. His perception of UD not being able to compete became reality because he gave up and was ready to move on. Again, just my opinion and that of other fans, not just UD, and I have no problem if you disagree.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (04-17-2017), MD Flyer Pride (04-17-2017), shocka43 (04-17-2017), TXFlyerFan (04-17-2017)