Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 11:54 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
More than 10 out 224 I would say. I am not sure what would be considered a statistically significant sample size...Figgie? But more than 10 out of 224. I also think that a hallmark of good statistical analysis is not pointing to one event or a small group of events. If you have all the data, use all the data. I am sure I could point to games where he played significant minutes and scored less than 10 points, (by the way scoring in double figures in the NBA is not benchmark that I am aware of and if it is I suggest it is akin to the Mendoza line in baseball, in that it is a benchmark for not sucking, not for being good).

Maybe some of the folks on this board can re-direct some of their fire the coach energy to NYC.
You can't compare 10 to 224, because you're comparing against three years of 12-15 minutes per game vs starting and playing an entire game. The dynamics of starting and playing more are significantly different than coming in for short spells.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-23-2023)