Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 11:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,124 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Okay, I knew the Flyers play slow on offense. But my eyes didn't tell me how slow.

Watching these good teams in the tournament, I see a lot of ball movement, and juking and driving, inside out passing, and then realizing that the shot they want isn't there, they move the ball out and reset the offense. I think to my self "wow, they better hurry!" and then look at the shot clock and there's still 13 seconds on it. I swear when I see the same kind of thing with the Flyers, there's usually about 6 seconds or less on the shot clock.
Ehh, I don't know. I still see some/maybe several teams whose offense I am just not real impressed with. IMO, good offense seems to be about passing/sharing the ball, off-the-ball movement/back door plays, screens, and ball movement. Work the ball around the court looking for the open shot. Make the defense work. Inside-out play. Keep the ball moving, limit the amount of pointless dribbling. Make the defense adjust.

I see some of these teams just do a lot of dribbling running down the shot clock, lazy settling for 3 pointers, individual one-on-one dribble driving. Their offenses don't look too complex.

Seems like good offense beats good defense. You don't see many teams going far if they only score in the 50's or 60's. Good offense takes good coaching, and the players buying into the team concept/sharing the ball. I don't see a lot of great offenses and great offensive coaches.

Last edited by ud2; 03-19-2023 at 12:02 AM..