Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 12:48 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post

On Mack, I will just say I am glad he apologized and that Coffee forgave him but I don't know how we got to a place in the world where saying "I'm sorry" makes everything go away. I am sure he was sincere and really regrets it but that doesn't mean there are no consequences for intentionally throwing a ball in the face of an opponent in a sporting event. Everybody can judge Chris Mack how they want. I believe that situations like that reveal a person's character, they aren't just one off occurrences. Whatever that BS was 35 years ago, it resides somewhere inside Chris Mack and it certainly does not seem as if he has done a complete 180 since.
So, he bopped someone in face with a basketball almost 35 years ago, wasn't even old enough to drink liqueur at the time, what exactly are those consequences you expect to see now? I'm really not getting what you expect here?

I'll bet just about everybody here is glad they don't have to go beyond an apology for things they did before they were 21. I'm really having a tough time wrapping my head around this. I'll bet there are plenty of people that played basketball between the ages of 18 and 21 that have elbowed, thrown a ball at, tripped or punched someone during a game that took place on a street court, gym etc... without 1000s of fans watching that don't have it hanging over their heads 35 years later. But because he did it in front of lots of witnesses, following the orders of his coach(which he now says he regrets) you think he should pay for it the rest of his life?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (03-20-2023), CT Flyer (03-20-2023), m21eagle45 (03-20-2023)