Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2023, 04:09 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,012 Times in 500 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
lol, I never said your opinion is unacceptable on a forum. But I'm countering your opinion with mine. Why is that not acceptable? And why is that any different than what you are doing? If countering an opinion is not acceptable, why the "Quote" option? Otherwise we all just post our opinions and never have a reply to those. What's the use of that?

I always stand by "I might not agree with what you say, but I'll defend with every fiber of my being your right to say it.". Unfortunately, a lot of people in this country(not you) think differently now. And my opinion of those people are that they are selfish and ignorant. Anyone feel free to counter that.
I said three posts ago that we would have to agree to disagree on what character is. I sort of thought that meant that I disagreed with your opinion, you disagreed with mine, neither of us was likely to change the other's mind so let's move on. To modify something I said, you CAN certainly think my opinion is unacceptable, I was just trying to say that it didn't strike me as the end of the world that we had an unresolved difference of opinion on the old message board.

I agree with your thoughts on free speech. I remember they taught us that Voltaire quote freshman year at UD. The irony is is that Voltaire actually said "I will defend to the death your right to say it..." How far we have fallen from that lofty aspiration.
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (03-20-2023)