Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: SDU game
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:22 PM
1st Lieutenant

NYFLYERFAN is on a distinguished road
RC definitely has a tough act to follow but I think the reason several schools such as USD, Jacksonville, Marist to an extent and a few others are knocking on the door is the commitment from the school administrations. Let's face it UD is a hoops school, nothing wrong with that but just a shame that these players kind of get shortchanged in the "D1 Experience". USD has its location going for it and their facilities have improved. Same goes for JU, the coaching staff there are predominantly former West Point coaches who told the school what they need to be successful. Marist just raised 2 million dollars just for football. A wealthy alum ironically named Rich said he would donate 1 million if alum could raise 1 million. Goal was met and first thing they did was install new turf. Next up is a football only weight room and locker room improvements. Foxes were also all outfitted with new state of art helmets. These schools are taking notice and making upgrades to locker rooms and other facilities that they can show off to recruits. Flyers play in the Old Gray Lady and Dayton Oublic schools dictate what can and cant be done. I believe Valpo also has new locker room. These Flyers are a proud and dedicated bunch. They wear their 2 tee shirts and shorts and a sweatshirt with pride . I know games are won on the field but if you don't change with the times, then they pass you by. All in all Flyers had some key injuries and if completely healthy would most likely be 4-1. RCbeen around program forever and I'm sure it's not lost on him what is happening within the PFL. Maybe some influential alums can approach admin to provide football with better resources. Then again winning solves alot of problems so hopefully Flyers run the table , which they are definitely capable of doing and start building for a 2018 championship run. Sorry for rambling. Go Flyers
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NYFLYERFAN For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cardsflyer (10-03-2017), Showme Flyer (10-02-2017)