User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
Red face

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
It's a generational thing. New hires in our office say 'screw seniority' and fight for the same things people with 20+ years of experience have earned. They don't care and only want equal XXX for equal work.

A doctor friend of mine has the same issue in his Dayton office. New cardiologists demanding equal pay and equal benefits to those who have paid their dues and earned their benefits.

Spoiled brats. Entitled brats. I propose we give them a trophy every day they're on time and hope it shuts them up.

King Rollo the Compromiser...OUT!!
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
If I'm offended...It's my problem...not yours.

In this thread, it appears that we have done everything we can to hurt Sam. When I reread our postings, we have piled on and further hurt Sam (above what the legal, media and UD policies will accomplish). He has been made fun of, embarrassed, discredited, emasculated, offered counseling, categorized him as spoiled and privileged, suggested his course of professional counseling, offered our interpretation of the legal situation, offered UD management a suggestion that they use this indiscretion as an opportunity to strengthen the basketball program and more. We have permanently etched this on the internet.

There is indeed an opportunity to create anger when adult men and women (under the cloak of secrecy) choose to belittle a student for his immature and illegal behavior. He is most assuredly paying the price for his indiscretions. Let's leave it there.

I am embarrassed by our group's actions and hope that we learn from this and do better in the future. I include myself in the group.

All of these disappointments are a learning experience. Let's do our best to support our UD students.

BTW - this is what most people would refer to as lecturing.

Go Flyers!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDTradition For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (08-16-2017), jack72 (08-15-2017), PFlyer (08-15-2017)