Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Thread: McKinley Wright
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 08:22 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
At the end of the day I think we all want the best person qualified for the job! If there is one thing I have learned and that I am still learning is not to judge others. The reason being is that we usually don't know all the facts!

I have been a fan of McKinley Wright ever since he and Theo John had their news conference in the Champlin Park gym and he made his intentions known to get an education and to take his basketball skills to the University of Dayton. I immediately went to You Tube and watched every video that was out there so I could see first hand his considerable talents. At the end of his junior season Champlin Park was defeated in the final game by Apple Valley and, in an interview he stated that he wanted to reverse that outcome in this his senior year.

Last Saturday, just before his pregame meal, he was told by an assistant coach that Archie Miller had accepted the Indiana University job! He said he couldn't eat! To make matters worse the Champlin Park team, after 30+ wins in a row lost again to Apple Valley 60-54 in the State Championship game! Talk about a domino effect!!!!

Today, Archie was on the Dan Dakich radio show and said about McKinley Wright, "I hope he goes to Dayton". I hope he does too as I know we all do! Most importantly I hope we get a new coach, whether it be a current assistant or not, who can continue to make UD basketball a household name and continue to make us proud to be fans!
My question is why would a asst coach tell a player before a big game about Archie going to Indiana, at pregame meal