Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2017, 05:32 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Archie took a while to get his assistants but I don't think it's fair comparison to where the program is at now. He walked into more a rebuilding situation than AG is now. The end of the BG was a state of disarray.

Patrick Ewing who has no college experience has hired an assistant. Jack Owen at Miami, Jarred Calhoun who moved up from D2 at Youngstown St, John Groce & many other coaches hired this go around have gotten guys on staff who can recruit.

Why does this matter?

Coming off 4 straight NCAA appearances I'm of the opinion UD needs to keep the momentum going. I think the Twitter/social media era it's easier to get an idea which recruits are involved with UD. Right now we have Frankie Hughes linked with UD as a transfer.

Grad transfers, transfers, JUCOS & freshman are scheduling visits & going off the board right now. With the openings in the freshman class he's got a chance to add onto this roster and keep the momentum going forward for the program. Archie didn't leave at the best time but this isn't a bare cupboard here.

Right now there is certainly a chance to get some guys in here who could set this team up for success next year and the year after. Realistically the guys signed this spring are gonna determine whether this team is set up success