Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 11:46 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
AM is more than ready to take the IU job....No written rule you need to have a stepping stone of jobs to get the dream/destination job. Again, many fail to see what they witnessed by AM was beyond belief, at least imho, based on the circumstances that hit him seemingly every year with short benches, lack of skilled players offensively,lack of size, injuries, suspensions, death of SM, etc. etc.....

The only thing that would have been icing on the cake and probably made even more people appreciate his tremendous accomplishments would have been a W over Wichita State and that was a game lost basically by around 7 total points being scored by them thru-out the game in less than than 3 seconds (3 at end of thehalf, terrible foul called on KD for 2 FT's as the shot clock was sounding, and a 4 step layup by their big man at the shot clock buzzer)......

Win THAT game and probably no way they beat Kentucky or even play them as well as WSU played them due to lack of size..
Again being more than ready to TAKE the IU job and sustaining that job is two different animals. Yes he earned his wings so to speak but can he continue to fly. That is where my question is. BG was ready, Shaka Smart was ready, neither of them have hit their mark. SS is still on the job so maybe he can still turn it around.

And where did I say that a candidate needed several stepping stones, geesh some people put words where they weren't any.

I'm not against AM or his success. I want to see both BG and AM succeed, it makes our program look that much better. There were a lot of expectations from MU fans that BG was the guy to take TI place at MU, they aren't feeling that way now.

Many posters here weren't too excited about the hire of AG. My gut feeling is AG will surpass BG and AMs success. Ok now I'll take off my red and blue glasses.

Its why the play/coach the games. It don't matter what you've done it the past, its what you do NOW. Let the games and coaching begin.

I'll follow AM like I have/do BG and SS.