Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2016, 11:24 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Yeah he was not pleased with his PT. He told me once "I just wish that they would let me show them what I can do."
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
I'm sure PT was part of it, but I have a feeling "scheme" was part of it, too. After Waleskowski & Finn graduated, BG's offense (if you want to call it that) never put much emphasis on feeding the post. And Searcy, at 6'10" and 225 lbs., was a post-up guy not a slasher, so his skills didn't mesh with BG's offensive scheme. On the court, it was a match made in, well, not Heaven.
Posted via Mobile Device
I always felt like Searcy had some very reasonable post moves but it looked like every time he touched the ball he thought "I better shoot it, I may not receive another pass in the post for a few games" so he took some bad shots. He got screwed by BG's offense. If BG was smarter with his offense we could have taken advantage of his skills more.