Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know if Swampy will agree with me, but i think in some ways the analogy i would use is the pre-2004 red sox. We are close but the same team seems to be in the way...and we can clearly focus our anger and frustrations at that one team (and though we didn't sell babe ruth after some significant success, we maybe sold a bit of our soul when we departed the MCC like we did). But that analogy has a happier next chapter as they, after many near misses, they got over the top in epic fashion in 2004. As a Yankee fan, this wan't exactly the easiest thing to write, but as a sports fan, i think (hope?) this is more apt.