Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2017, 09:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Not enough returns in to blame the coach as yet. But clearly our newbies were not ready for the size and experience they are going to face in D1 basketball. The pace of everything is just blowing them away. Darrell going from 6th man to THEE man was a huge step with no more support than he is getting.

The game is going to slow down for them at some point, and that might be mid-season, in the A10, or not at all, this year.

Josh is even showing his lack of court time against bigger and older competition. He is eating too many balls in the lane, and finding himself out of position on defense. Kostas is just a puppy out there. I can see how he dazzled the team in pre-season practice because we basically have no interior lane defense to slow him down. The bar for Kostas is now set much higher than even he could have imagined.

This is going to get worse before it gets better, and then maybe our focus and intensity will improve.

Right now we are embarrassingly bad. But I see the talent for the future and that's why no matter what I won't give up on them this season.
This team fights! They didn't give up in any of their loses and they haven't given up so far tonight. For that alone, I won't give up on them this year.